Saturday 11 December 2010

To Avenge or to Defend? Red hot poll results straight off the fire.

The results of our latest polls are in and, on the vexed issue of who'd win a fight between Thor and the Hulk, Thor came out on top by 3 votes to 2. It was a bit closer than I'd expected, bearing in mind Thor's surfeit of powers. I suppose it goes to show that, in this world, there's no substitute for brute force and obduracy. That's why I use both traits when typing posts for this site.

In the, "Avengers v Defenders: Which Team Would You Want To Win?" poll, the Defenders beat the Avengers by 5 votes to 1. One voter couldn't decide and 6 billion people abstained. It's polls like this that make our leaders listen.

Thanks to all who voted. As always your efforts are much appreciated. If it's your whim, feel free to use the Comments box to tell us how you voted.

3 comments:

Simon B said...

I voted for Goldilocks and the world's greatest non-team. Much as I loved the Silver and Bronze Age Avengers, they certainly came across as arrogant and unthinking in the Avengers/Defenders clash. They needed taking down a peg or two.

BTW Steve, are you going to review Defenders no. 11 ( "A Dark And Stormy Knight" )? Although mostly a weird tale of the Defenders fighting in the Crusades, it also features the epilogue to the Avengers/Defenders War.

Steve said...

I was in two minds as to whether to do Defenders #11, as it's not strictly a part of the Avengers/Defenders bust-up but, as I've had a request, I'll see if I can review it tomorrow.

I have fond memories of that story as I seem to recall reading it in a Marvel UK Rampage comic which I got second-hand from somewhere and it had a panel cut out.

Bear Boy said...

I seem to recall Stan Lee commenting somewhere that the Hulk would always be his personal pick as victor in a face-off with Thor since the depth of human potential would far outweigh the resources and more limited scope of a god (!) While the logic may be debateable I guess it underlines the sweet faith in humanity that comes through in a lot of those early Marvels. Simpler, less cynical times...