Wednesday 29 July 2015

Charlton Comics' Yang #5 - Video Review.

Charlton Comics' Yang #5, Bigfoot
Grab your shurikens, Grandma! It's time for my latest video review as I take a look at Charlton Comics' stab at leaping on the early 1970s' Kung Fu craze.

Looking at the covers on the Grand Comics Database, it would appear that my household at one point possessed half the issues of Yang that ever existed.

Clearly it must have made a greater impression than all logic might suggest it would have done.

5 comments:

John Pitt said...

Great to see your Youtube vids back Steve!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was wondering what had happened to the video reviews too. I've never heard of Yang before though - unless it's Marvel I'm mostly clueless :)

Steve W. said...

Thanks, John and Colin. It took me a fair bit of time to summon up the willpower to do it but I managed it in the end.

John Pitt said...

If I had a hammer, I'd fix that fence!
Oh, hold on ai minute, I've got one....
( See you next month, guys....)
Incidentally, Trini Lopez must have been VERY poor, not to own one. I don't think I know ANY man who doesn't have a bloody hammer! :-D

Anonymous said...

A former employer of mine studied martial arts for fifteen years. The first time he needed to use it for real, it didn't do him any good to know karate. The mugger knew tire iron.

When I was in high school in the mid-1970's, there was a rumor going around that David Carradine had been killed in a motorcycle crash. When somebody mentioned that "Caine" had been killed, the rumor morphed as it spread, and, within an hour, there was a rumor that Michael Caine had been killed in a traffic accident.

I've seen Yang in the comic shop's bargain bins, but never read any. Sounds suspiciously similar to the "Kung Fu" TV series. But then, there were allegations that ABC-TV and/or Warner Brothers swiped the idea (specifically, a Chinese martial artist wandering around the Old West) from Bruce Lee.