Thursday 6 January 2011

Iron Man mystery. Name that Comic.

I have this strange thing that, for some reason, the comics I remember most clearly from my youth are the ones I got in 1974 and 1975. As I didn't start collecting comics till late 1973, the ones I got before then are coloured in varying shades of vague, while the ones I acquired after 1975 get progressively fuzzier in my memory the further away their purchase gets from that date. This is why I need your help.

In 1981 I had a copy of Iron Man. I can remember nothing whatsoever about it except that the final panels involved Tony Stark kissing what I assume to have been his girlfriend who was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt under a black waistcoat, and also a pair of the obligatorily spray-on jeans. She had her back to us as she kissed him. I've looked on the Grand Comics Database but don't recognise it from the covers on there.

So, if you have the slightest clue what issue this was, I'd be delighted to find out. Even though I got it in 1981, I can't guarantee it was published in that year, as these things could sometimes show up in the shops a couple of years after publication.

No comments: