Sunday 5 December 2010

The Department of Pointless Questions. Spidey speechless.

Conventional wisdom has it that, in order to make people feel involved with your blog, you should have quizzes, and so, taking a brief diversion from the drama and majesty of the Avengers/Defenders War, I'm launching my latest feature; The Department of Pointless Questions.

I like to feel it's a huge turning point in the history of the Internet, and so we kick off with its first ever question: In which John Romita issue of The Amazing Spider-Man did Stan Lee leave a group of speech balloons empty so the reader could have fun filling them in themselves? The first person to answer gets the magnificent award that is the Steve Does Comics No-Prize. Imagine the envy your friends will feel as it doesn't sit there on your mantelpiece.

9 comments:

Simon B said...

A quiz! That's where I've been going wrong all this time :-)

I think I can remember this issue of Spidey. I think it was the last panel of the issue and our hero was swinging away from various supporting characters, leaving a trail of blank word balloons behind him, while Stan Lee went for a lie down.....

That said, I dunno which issue it was :-(

Steve said...

I can tell you that most of what you just said is right. I wouldn't give up if I were you. You're halfway there.

Simon B said...

No, still can't track it down. Were Curt ( The Lizard ) Connors and his boring family involved?

I'm clutching at straws now.....

Steve said...

Curt Connors and his boring family were indeed all involved. You've practically got it. A Lizard story drawn by John Romita...

Simon B said...

Right, it's not ASM no. 45, so I'll go for no. 77 ( unfortunately not in my collection )
I ask you, is this any way for a grown man to spend his Sunday night?

Steve said...

When you say, "it's not ASM no.45," are you sure there's no part of that statement you'd like to change?

Steve said...

PS. Don't necessarily look at the last page.

Simon B said...

*Slaps forehead*
Page 19? Yep, found it now.
That figures: even when I'm right I'm still half wrong :-)

Do I ( not ) get half a No-Prize?

Steve said...

I think, as it's the inaugural quiz, and you were the only entrant, you should get the full No-Prize. I like to think that everyone's a winner with Steve Does Comics.