Saturday 11 December 2010

Name That Character. Issue #2. Clue #3.

Day Three, and time for our third clue, I reckon.

Rules: As always with Name That Character, every day I'll give a new clue as to the identity of a Bronze or Silver Age comic book character until someone guesses who it is. The first person who gets it wins, earning him/her/itself a Steve Does Comics No-Prize and a coveted place on our almost legendary Name That Character League Table.

Clue 1. His first appearance was a blast.
Clue 2. When a certain scientist first met him, it was a testing experience.
Clue 3. He's one individual who would love to swap places with Marvel's Captain Marvel.

10 comments:

Kid said...

BLASTARR (or however it's spelled) - now gimme my SDC no-prize before you change the answer. Ta!

Steve said...

Sorry, Kid, but even I wouldn't be so hopeless as to give a cryptic clue that had half the character's name in it.

Kid said...

Curses. Foiled again.

TomO. said...

I'm on a hot streak, so let's see if we can make it two in a row!

Damage?

Simon B said...

Um.....
Firestorm? Captain Atom? Nuklo? Nitro? Wildfire? The Human Bomb?

Yep, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks :-)

Steve said...

TomO, I'm afraid it wasn't Damage, and, cerebus, it wasn't any of your suggestions either.

Stardust Kid said...

Is it too obvious to say the Hulk - Gamma bomb etc

Steve said...

It's not the Hulk, Stardust Kid, but you are very very very close. I'm, about to post the second clue, which might give it away, on the strength of that guess.

Simon B said...

OK, last chance - Rick Jones?

Steve said...

It is Rick Jones! I like it when people get it right. Well, done, cerebus.